Self-service check-in and check-out for hotels
We have developed a contactless solution for hotels, boarding houses and buildings with receptions. It includes self-service check-in, check-out, issuance of a spare key and the function of a smart hotel. The product works as a fully independent or partially self-service reception for hotel guests. The delivery includes hardware, software, installation, regular prophylaxis, updates, monitoring and supervision of solutions. The most commonly used self-service machine for unattended receptions is the MiniCashSlim model. We also offer the installation of hardware peripherals in the furniture or in the built-in reception. Smart lockers can also be part of the self-service hotel reception. The management function remains with the hotel reservation system (PMS). Any 3rd party system can be integrated into the self-service solution.
How does self-service check-in at the hotel work?
The beginning is the same – the guest creates a reservation (in any way – in person, by e-mail, by phone, through online booking, web, mobile application or at the kiosk, etc.). The reservation is created in the PMS and the guest is assigned a room. The reservation of a guest, for one or more rooms, can then be processed by a self-service reception.
In the case of integration of smart functions, the CZECH KIOSK robot, cloud or intranet design, identifies a new reservation and processes it according to the set preferences (creates it in the appropriate systems, generates accesses, etc.). The robot notifies the guest by e-mail or SMS or by uploading information to its mobile application. Part of the reservation processing and notification is optionally the generation of:
- QR code for quick check-in at the kiosk, optionally for access to the hotel,
- access PIN for guest entry into the hotel,
- login link for online check-in of the guest before arrival at the hotel, optionally ending with the issuance of a mobile key and access to settings and functions for the smart hotel
How check-in is from the guest’s point of view
- The guest arrives at the hotel and overcomes the front door (enters the access PIN, uses the QR code or the hotel staff opens it)Confirm their reservation / check-in on self-service machine
(using the data obtained during booking)
- He selects check-in on the self-service machine, selects the language and logs in to his reservation (using the data entered during the reservation – acceptance / reservation number or uses a smart QR code)
- Fills in the data required by the hotel, purpose of stay, scans identity documents and confirms agreement with the hotel / GDPR conditions (data filled in in the online check-in is no longer filled in)
- Make a payment by card or in cash according to the kiosk model (if you have already paid in advance, payment is not required, optionally a deposit / pre-authorization of the amount specified by the hotel is required)
- The kiosk prints receipts for payments and provides information about the reservation and the room number (optionally in the form of a contract including signatures, the invoice is optionally sent by e-mail with completed billing information)
- The guest will receive a hotel card for the rooms in the reservation (number of cards according to the hotel settings, optionally a mobile key is issued)
- The kiosk enters check-in information into hotel systems (including the creation of a guest accommodation card, sends a notification, access to the hotel’s smart features, etc.)
How check-out is from the guest’s point of view
- The guest selects the “Check-out” button on the self-service reception screen and selects the language version
- Logs in as same as in case of check-in
- Upon request, the guest will return his hotel cards (the loss of hotel cards can be charged to the guest’s account)
- The guest will optionally pay for consumption / minibar (according to the hotel settings for the whole stay or the last day)
- The guest pays the bill according to PMS (accommodation, lost cards, minibar, services charged to the room, etc.), takes a receipt for payment and may leave 🙂